The Marin Complete Count Committee has begun efforts to coordinate the County’s Census work that would include:
· Development of a countywide strategic plan to the State that meets all the reporting requirements;
· Tracking countywide outreach activities and data collection; and
· Coordination of and dissemination of outreach materials;
Below is an update on the Committee’s work, and how you and/or your organization can be part of the process. The RFQ provides a process for community based organizations to express their interest in leading the Countywide Census Outreach effort, and I encourage you to visit the Marin Census website at MarinCensus2020.org.
The Marin CCC staff team has some updates regarding our 2020 Census work in the coming months:
· A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a Lead Countywide Outreach Agency is now available: https://marincensus2020.org/request-for-qualifications-lead-countywide-outreach-agency/; please share this opportunity within your networks.
· Formation of subcommittees is in progress; we are reaching out to individual subcommittees to continue forming, educating and building awareness.
· A second Census Solutions Workshop will be held in early summer to begin conversations regarding specific outreach strategies.
· The MarinCensus2020.org website has been updated.
· The next Marin Complete Count Committee meeting will be held in mid-summer; a save-the-date for that will be coming out soon!
We appreciate your patience and support as we ramp up to ensure we have a fair an accurate count in Marin County next year.
Marin CCC Staff Team
Thanks to Liz Darby for sharing this information.
Social Equity Program and Policy Coordinator
County of Marin
Community Development Agency
3501 Civic Center Drive, Suite 303
San Rafael, CA 94903
415 473 7549 T
415 473 7880